How Often to Change Spark Plugs
When it comes to proper vehicle maintenance, many Lakeland drivers are left scratching their heads about how often to change spark plugs. Typically, experts recommend you have this service performed every 30,000 miles, but it can vary depending on your make and model. For an exact number, you should be sure to check with your owner’s manual. If you’d like more details on when to replace spark plugs, consult Stingray Chevrolet’s guide down below!
When Do I Change Spark Plugs?
Before answering your question of “when do I change spark plugs?” we should discuss what spark plugs do for your vehicle. Spark plugs are a vital ignition component that move the high voltage current from the ignition coil to ignite the combustion chamber when you start your vehicle up in Valrico. How will you know when to change spark plugs? The following warning signs will tip you off:
- Slow to start, or won’t start at all
- Engine misfire
- Rough-running engine
- Unusual increase in fuel consumption
- Rough idling
- Difficulty accelerating
Benefits of Changing Your Spark Plugs
Avoiding the issues listed above is reason enough to change your spark plugs regularly, but there are a few other benefits you’ll notice during your Brandon commutes. Take a look:
- Improved fuel economy – Believe it or not, a worn spark plug can reduce your vehicle’s fuel economy by up to 30 percent! When you replace your spark plugs as needed, you can gain some of that back.
- Consistent combustion system – Well-functioning spark plugs allow for the continuous production of combustion, allowing your vehicle’s system to run like it should 100 percent of the time.
- Your Vehicle Starts Smoothly – No more failed attempts to start your vehicle up before work! When you replace your spark plugs, it should have no problem getting a strong start up on the first try.
- Less harmful emissions – In addition to getting better gas mileage, replacing your vehicle’s spark plugs can improve your emissions in Tampa.
Learn More About Spark Plug Replacement at Stingray Chevrolet!
If you’re having vehicle troubles that align with the warning signs we talked about today, it may be time to schedule an appointment with the Stingray Chevrolet service center. Our factory-trained technicians will get you back on the road in no time! Have lingering questions about spark plugs or other service topics, such as battery corrosion? Contact us or give us a call at (813) 359-5000 anytime.
More from Stingray Chevrolet
Environmentally conscious drivers around Plant City appreciate their electric vehicles because instead of burning fuel, electric vehicles (EVs) runs on electricity. That means you save time and money by avoiding the gas pump, and you do your part to protect the environment by reducing your carbon footprint. The new Chevy Bolt EV is one of the…
Thinking of upgrading your Lakeland driving experience with a new Chevrolet Camaro performance car? You may be curious, “How much is insurance for a Camaro?” On average, drivers pay $181 per month for Camaro insurance, equaling out to about $2,172 per year.* Keep in mind, however, that your premium may differ depending on your policy,…
When you’re shopping for a new SUV for Lakeland drives, you’re searching for more than something that will deliver competitive fuel-efficiency and plenty of tech, safety, and convenience features – you’re also looking for a model that will suit your personal style and maybe even help you stand out amongst the crowd in Valrico. The new…