What Is Chevy Teen Driver Technology?
Are you the parent of a new teen driver in Lakeland? You’re probably all too familiar with the stress and worry that go along with sending your teen out driving by themself. That’s where the Chevrolet Teen Driver technology comes in. Standard or available on new Chevrolet models, this innovative system provides parents with greater peace of mind when they’re not in the car thanks to features like a speed warning and limiter, audio controls, and more. Learn more about what Teen Driver technology can do with Stingray Chevrolet, below!
Chevrolet Teen Driver Technology Features
Currently, Chevrolet is the only automaker to offer a system like Teen Driver. It is either standard or available across the entire lineup, delivering the following standard features designed to encourage your teen to drive safely and with confidence:
- Speed Warning: Parents can set an audible and visual warning to go off when the vehicle exceeds a pre-set speed limit.
- Speed Limiter: Utilize the speed limiter to restrict the Chevy vehicle to a maximum speed of 85 mph.
- Audio Limit: We all remember how fun it was to cruise around with a friend listening to your favorite tunes, but if you’d like to ensure your teen doesn’t jam out too loudly, you can set a limit on audio volume.
- Seat Belt Audio Mute: This convenient feature will mute the audio inside the vehicle until both the driver and front passenger have buckled themselves in.
While these four features come standard on all Teen Driver systems, there are other available features you can add on if you wish, including:
- Industry-First Buckle to Drive: Designed to remind new teen drivers to buckle up before heading out on Valrico roads, this industry-first feature prevents unbuckled drivers from shifting out of Park for 20 seconds. It also provides audible and visual alerts reminding the driver to buckle up.
- Industry-First In-Vehicle Report Card: This innovative feature allows you to view an in-vehicle report card detailing how your teen was driving when you weren’t in the vehicle.
Safest Cars for Teen Drivers
If you’re looking for the safest cars for teen drivers in Brandon, any Chevrolet model will answer the call. In addition to Teen Driver technology, all Chevy vehicles can be equipped with safety features like Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Following Distance Indicator, and much more. As for the best cars for teen drivers from the Chevy lineup, here are a few popular options:
Find a Model with Chevy Teen Driver Technology at Stingray Chevrolet!
When you’re ready to find a Chevy vehicle equipped with Teen Driver technology, contact us or head on over to Stingray Chevrolet where you and your teen can test drive one or more of the safest cars for teen drivers we listed above. Be sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials beforehand so you don’t miss out on incredible savings!