2020 Chevy Traverse Gas Mileage
Shopping for a fuel-efficient new SUV for your Lakeland family? The new 2020 Chevy Traverse allows you to take the long way home and enjoy the scenery – without worrying about where the nearest gas station is. Depending on whether you opt for front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, the 2020 Chevy Traverse gas mileage will vary. Explore the details with Stingray Chevrolet below!
Chevy Traverse MPG: FWD vs. AWD
The 2020 Chevy Traverse comes standard with front-wheel drive or can be upgraded to all-wheel drive. Depending on which drivetrain you choose, the Chevy Traverse mpg will vary:
- 2020 Chevy Traverse with FWD: EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway
- 2020 Chevy Traverse with AWD: EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/25 mpg highway
As you can see, there’s not a drastic difference in fuel economy specs between the two drivetrains, so Valrico drivers shouldn’t feel discouraged to opt for all-wheel drive if they’d like to have increased performance during Florida downpours.
2020 Chevy Traverse Standard Engine
For the 2020 model year, the Chevy Traverse offers just one engine across all trim levels and drivetrains. Explore details on its strong performance, here:
- 3.6L V6 standard engine
- Smooth-shifting 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Automatic Start/Stop technology for increased efficiency
- 310 hp
- 266 lb-ft of torque
- 5,000-pound maximum towing capacity
Chevy Traverse Fuel Efficiency Features
Let’s take a closer look at some of the fuel-efficient features that are standard and available with the 2020 Chevy Traverse. From advanced engine technologies to a range of driving modes, these are sure to increase your efficiency during Brandon commutes and weekend adventures:
- The standard 9-speed automatic transmission provides impressive fuel efficiency and a comfortable driving experience.
- Standard Intelligent Start/Stop technology helps preserve fuel by turning off the engine while stopped.
- Available Traction Mode Select allows you to switch between FWD, AWD, Off-Road, and Tow/Haul Mode depending on your current driving conditions, allowing you to only use as much fuel as is necessary for the task at hand.
Test Drive the 2020 Chevy Traverse at Stingray Chevrolet!
Ready to get behind the wheel of a fuel-efficient Traverse today? Contact Stingray Chevrolet to arrange a test drive in Plant City! Before your visit, compare the Chevy Traverse vs. GMC Acadia or Traverse vs. Buick Enclave to see which three-row SUV best suits your growing family, and don’t forget to view our latest selection of new Chevy specials so you don’t pass up a great deal!
More from Stingray Chevrolet
View Corvette InventoryContact Us The timeless Chevrolet Corvette seems to get better and better every year. The latest Corvette Stingray engine choices are very impressive, with power that can get drivers from Lakeland to Valrico in no time. With the high-octane power and unbeatable speeds that could only be found in a truly iconic sports…
View Equinox InventoryContact Us Drivers from Lakeland to Valrico are gravitating toward the sleek new Chevrolet Equinox. After taking a look at the Chevy Equinox specs, it is no mystery why. This competitive SUV comes packed with plenty of great features at an affordable starting price. Whether you’re looking for a spacious ride for your…
Environmentally conscious drivers around Plant City appreciate their electric vehicles because instead of burning fuel, electric vehicles (EVs) runs on electricity. That means you save time and money by avoiding the gas pump, and you do your part to protect the environment by reducing your carbon footprint. The new Chevy Bolt EV is one of the…