What is HomeLink?
HomeLink is a wireless control system that is built into your Chevy car, truck, or SUV. It allows you to conveniently:
- Open and close your garage door or automatic gate
- Activate/deactivate your home security system
- Turn on and off your home’s interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Learn more about the benefits of HomeLink, and find out how easy HomeLink programming is for drivers in and around Lakeland.
The Benefits of HomeLink
Valrico drivers now know what HomeLink is and what the more obvious advantages of HomeLink programming are, but here are a few additional benefits:
- Easy to Use: Connecting your vehicle to your home is simply a matter of pressing a few buttons.
- Compatibility: HomeLink is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Control Up to 3 Devices: Tastefully integrated into your vehicle’s interior, the HomeLink system allows you to control up to three devices.
- Safety & Security: With most compatible garage door openers, the system will be able to let you know if your garage door has been left open or closed. HomeLink apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system, providing you with an extra level of peace-of-mind when you’re on the road.
- Battery-free: Since HomeLink is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy, you’ll never have to worry about changing batteries.
How Do I Program HomeLink?
Chevy owners in Brandon and beyond will find that programming HomeLink is quick and easy. HomeLink programming requires you to just follow these steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- Step 1: The HomeLink unit features 3 buttons and is most commonly located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car begin to flash. This usually takes about 20 seconds. Note that pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, you do not need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Step 2: Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Step 3: Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Step 4: Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Learn More about Your Chevy Tech Systems at Stingray Chevrolet
If you are still unsure of what HomeLink is, or you have found that you need additional help with HomeLink programming, reach out to the certified service techs at Stingray Chevrolet. We’ll happily clear up any lingering confusions you’re having about HomeLink. Just give us a call at (813) 359-5000.
Recent News from Stingray Chevrolet
If you’re shopping around Lakeland for an efficient and maneuverable compact SUV, take a closer look at the Chevy Trax trim levels. With two highly affordable options, we think you will be surprised by what the Chevy Trax LS And Trax LT have to offer your commute to Valrico. Read on to learn about…
Are you shopping around Lakeland for a roomy, feature-loaded SUV? If so, take a moment to learn about the ample Chevy Traverse cargo space, Chevy Traverse dimensions, advanced technology features, and luxurious amenities. Then, fill out a pre-approval to take the next step with Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City! New Chevy TraverseContact Us 2021 Chevrolet Traverse…
Whether you’re looking for a white Chevy Trailblazer or black Chevy Trailblazer, you’ll find more options than you expected on the lot at Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. With 24 Chevy Trailblazer exterior colors and 7 Trailblazer interior colors to choose from, you’ll have plenty of room to find a tone to perfectly match your style….